Monday, December 13, 2010

"Little Orphan Airedale" Model Sheet


I found this model sheet on my hard drive, don't know if I scanned it from a book or found it online somewhere. At first I wasn't sure what Charlie Dog cartoon it was from, I should have recognized the Porky Pig pose from the beginning of "Little Orphan Airedale". I noticed that Dave Mackey's site didn't have the production number listed for the cartoon and that this model sheet had it. "The Foxy Duckling" was production number 1031 and "Airedale", production number 1032 was released two months later. I'm sure this info is probably known to the hardcore animation geeks but I hadn't come across it anywhere. Dave's site is where I usually go for that type of info so I was suprised the number wasn't there as I assumed this model sheet has been published somewhere before.

7 comments:

Steven M. said...

I love that cartoon.

Tom Ruegger said...

beautiful drawings. thanks for posting.

Mykal Banta said...

Man, from these sheets I can just see that cartoon!

Anonymous said...

Production started around December 1945 (The clue being 'The Foxy Duckling' model sheet).

Eric Noble said...

That is FANTASTIC!!! I love the Charlie Dog cartoons!! They are still hilarious to watch! Thank you kevin for sharing these with us. Where do you find all of these old model sheets?

Kevin Langley said...

Hi Eric, most are scanned from books I have and a bunch are just from surfin' the web.

Anonymous said...

What a coincidence. We both like Charleston Chews. Do you dare to check out my blog at http://www.blogger.com/profile/11973991951205496780