Sunday, January 28, 2007

Baby Huey and Katnip

This ends my streak of consecutive posts featuring Walter Lantz's characters. The Masked Stinker was kind enough to send me some model sheets that I had been looking for and encouraged me to share them so here's a couple of them. I've been trying to absorb the Harveytoons DVD set but with four double-sided discs there's a lot to watch. I'm a big fan of Famous Studio's cartoons, mostly from the late 40's to mid 50's, so this set is a nice treat. Even some of the Modern Madcaps on the set aren't too bad. Thanks again to the Masked Stinker for sharing these.

3 comments:

Thad said...

I'd seen those in a book but I forget which one... For some reason I remember the earlier design of Herman's cousins on the Katnip modelsheet. I'm actually a little surprised at the date of that modelsheet, Oct. 1948, as the first cartoon with Katnip didn't come out until Nov. 1950. So were they really that far planned???

On the other hand, boy, those drawings are sure amateurish - It's definitley not Taras or Tendlar.

Ryan Khatam said...

cool stuff

Anonymous said...

They were in that Charles Solomon book History of Animation (as well as the ones of SNAFU and Hook I gave you Klangley).

They were printed rather small.
But I'm glad to share 'em with you all.