Thursday, July 06, 2006

Some More Warner's Model Sheets. Oh, and YouTube blows.

Here's a couple of more Warner Bros. model sheets. You may have noticed that the cartoons I posted are no longer available. YouTube had been slowly removing them until yesterday when the last of them were removed. My account was deleted and I'm even unable to create a new account and post anything, which sucks because even my lame pencil tests have been taken down. I signed up to Dailymotion and will upload stuff there from now on. I'm going to start by uploading my own work and then maybe I can move on to posting the cartoons that I had on YouTube. Though I'm sure they'll suffer the same fate, eventually. I find it to be retarded that some material that will probably never see the light of day (ie, Terrytoons and Walter Lantz shorts) are no longer even available in the form of shitty downloads. Why are companies so afraid of changing their business model. YouTube is like free advertising. Where else can you have people promote your product for you for free! The videos are all of shit quality, so who wouldn't run out and pick up a DVD of something they liked that they saw there. I'll end this rant by saying that NBC/Universal and YoutTube are balls.


14 comments:

Dennis said...

I used to love going through YouTube to find classic cartoons, but you're right ... they keep taking 'em down! I've uploaded a few cartoons myself that will probably never see the light of day again, and I fear for their eventual removal and my inevitable account suspension. But YouTube users love them. What a sin!

Kevin Langley said...

Well I think they'll start to lose their patrons once more and more content is removed. There's a lot of copyrighted material up there and if this is just the start I can't see YouTube holding these people's attention with videos of teenage girls acting like morons. I'm sure they'll still be some good stuff but I can't see myself bothering with it much anymore.

Anonymous said...

Well, I think their policies will come back to haunt them.

Remember Google Video? Yeah.

Dennis said...

Wow, I didn't realize how bad this really is. I just did a search for 'looney tunes' on YouTube, and pulled up NOT ONE SINGLE CARTOON (except for Private Snafu's 4-minute "Booby Trap").

Fortunately, a search for 'merrie melodies' still brings up a handful of cartoons ... go and watch them before YouTube pulls the plug on them, too!

Anonymous said...

it seems like the "racist" ones are the only ones that stay up

Kevin Langley said...

Really? The one that got me banned was a clip from Swing Social. It would've happened anyway the rest of the stuff I had up were MGM cartoons.

Chris Battle said...

There's ways to save YouTube videos, ya know...

Check it out.

Save 'em while ya still can!

Kevin Langley said...

Cool, thanks for the link.

Anonymous said...

Oh man, that sucks! Some corporate lawyer whores are on the loose.

Anonymous said...

I see these are are WB apporved model sheets.The bland ones.

Anonymous said...

Oh and the YouTube peridiciment is really annoying, these cartoons are in the public domain and youtube has not right to do what they are doing.

Anonymous said...

Keep posting model sheets! These are awesome.

Thanks a lot

Julián Höek said...

great model sheet!
are this published in some warner book?

Kevin Langley said...

great model sheet!
are this published in some warner book?


These two are from the book Warner Bros. Animation Art.