Monday, June 16, 2008

Officer Mutt Comics

I recently got a hold of issue number 5 of Red Rabbit Comics. I'm assuming like Foxy Fagan, this is also a collaboration between Harvey Eisenberg and Joe Barbera. Most of the star characters are directly or indirectly taken from MGM characters. King Looey the Lion is basically the lion from "Jerry And The Lion", Slapsy Squirrel is Screwy Squirrel with pants, and Officer Mutt is just Officer Pooch revisited from the Hanna-Barbera cartoon of the same name.


The comic is in awful shape and was literally falling to pieces as I read it so I made sure to scan the whole thing before it completely disintegrates. The artwork is fantastic so I'll be sure to post the whole thing in a few different posts. Though maybe not the covers, as there's not much left of them. Luckily the rest of comic is in better shape.

7 comments:

Larry Levine said...

Great stuff!!!

Thad said...

Harvey was an amazing cartoonist. Can't wait to see the rest.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kevin!, Sorry if This Is OT But, What Kind Of Software You Use To Edit Your videos???? Is It Adobe Premire???

Kevin Langley said...

Most of the time I use Premiere but once in a while I just use Movie Maker.

Unknown said...

Great stuff!!!

visit my blog

http://dibujosanimado.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Man...love this stuff.

Unknown said...

Harvey is a great cartoonist. Good post, klangley.

Also, I don't know if you heard the news, but I just made a blog dedicated to my drawings. Fell free to come by and see them in the blog below.

http://cartoonydrawings.blogspot.com/