Thursday, December 14, 2006

Charlie Dog

Here's a couple of models of Chuck Jones' Charlie Dog. Bob Clampetts' "Porky's Pooch" laid the foundation for what would later become the premise behind the cartoons. I like the idea of a dog doing whatever he can to impress someone to be his master but Charlie tends to annoy me a little. I like the cartoons but I don't think I could watch them back to back.



Sorry for the lack of posts. I've been working on a project at night with a friend and hopefully we'll have something nice and stupid to show for it soon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The plots are so similar that the Charlie Dog shorts could not even be considered a series per se. But more accurately just a bunch of remakes of the original.
Chris

Ryan Khatam said...

AWESOME

G.A.D. said...

Wow! These are great! There so appealing and you can learn a lot from studying them.

Unknown said...

You think we're friends...::flutter:: flutter::

deniseletter said...

I cannot avoid to say That I love those drawings!

GW said...

I love this character. Did you know Chuck Jones' grandson is active on Twitter? He also maintains some great websites about his grandpa's art. http://twitter.com/craigkausen Really nice guy!